Pre arranged program
Each season Integral and the sponsoring organization CIEE organize several hiring events during which students who have chosen the Pre-Arranged option are able to attend and have an interview with employers from the United States of America:
- Summer Job Fair - the best option if you want to personally meet your future employer and to clarify all the questions you have for the position, your future housing options and overtime opportunities. This option is suitable for students who are travelling together with a group of 4 or more friends.
- CIEE Recruit - this kind of job interviews are suitable for all of you who are choosing a specific destination and travelling with one or two other friends. The interviews are held between students and representatives of the sponsor CIEE.
- Virtual Hire - US employers or CIEE representatives have an online interview with students from their homes or from our offices.
Congratulations! You are hired!
The next step is to get your work permit DS-2019 and to start planning your future travel - the most exciting part of the program :)
DS-2019- Certificate of Eligibility for Exchange Visitor (J-1) Status is an official document and you are not able to apply for J-1 visa interview at the US Consulate without one. It is issued on the base of a valid and approved by the sponsor job offer. That’s why your Job Offer is of that importance!
Once your job offer is secured and your DS2019 is issued you can start preparing for the J-1 visa interview at the US Consulate. For many of the participants, especially for the first timers, this is the most stressful step of the program. Now is time to remind you that you are not alone in this process. We will guide you every step of the way. Our main goal is for you to have a successful visa interview - that’s why we are going to fill out all the visa documents and schedule your interview date and hour. Moreover, we will test you with a preliminary visa interview in our office, something like a rehearsal before your real visa interview. Of course, on the Big Day of the real interview you should give your best and hope for hearing the words „Your J1 visa has been approved“.
Consular Section to the US Embbasy
16 Kozyak Street,
Sofia 1408, Bulgaria
T: +359 2 937 5100
F: +359 2 937 5320
While waiting for the exact date of your visa interview you could start making travel plans. In our offices you can find useful information about your future flight and the airports near to your job. We will inform you about the bus and ferry lines you could use in order to reach your final destination.
A friendly reminder: it is important to stay in touch with your employer and to provide them with information about your visa interview result and exact arrival date.
Before your departure you will receive a mandatory online orientation from our sponsor which you must complete on a timely manner. You will get useful advice about the program and information about how to enjoy your summer including:
- Traveling to America – how to and where to;
- How to make the most of your time in the United States as a Work & Travel USA student;
- Important program rules and regulations;
Congrats! Your Work and Travel plan is almost done… what is next…? Taste America
of course :)! During the summer you can lean on us 24/7 online or by phone. A friendly reminder, call your parents frequently :)))